|Who We Are
|Who is providing this notice?
||New Valley Bank & Trust
|What We Do
|How does New Valley Bank & Trust protect my personal information?
||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does New Valley Bank &Trust collect my personal information?
||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- Open an account or deposit money
- Apply for a loan
- Show your government-issued ID or show your driver’s license
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?
||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing non-affiliates to market to you
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
||Your choices will apply to everyone on your accounts – unless you tell us otherwise.
||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- New Valley Bank & Trust does not have affiliates
||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- New Valley Bank & Trust does not share with non-affiliates, so they can market to you.
||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies.
|Other important information
- We adhere to Massachusetts Data Protection Law, regulation 201 CMR 17.00: Standards For The Protection Of Personal Information Of Residents Of The Commonwealth that mandates personal information be encrypted when stored on portable devices, or transmitted wirelessly or on public networks. Additionally, the regulations call on businesses to utilize up-to-date firewall protection that creates an electronic gatekeeper between the data and the outside world and only permits authorized users to access or transmit data, according to preset rules.
- Children’s Online Privacy: The law requires parental consent to collect or use information from a child under 13. If you are a child under 13, please show this to your parents and do not use the online services of this institution without verifiable parental consent pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.